- Department Overview
- 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Academic Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff
Academy of Engineering Management
The Academy of Engineering Management is made up of the top 1% of engineering management graduates, as selected by their peers. The selection criteria are based on professional and personal achievement, high standards of personal and professional integrity, and community involvement.
Membership is by invitation only. A candidate must be nominated by a current academy member, or a current or emeritus faculty member. They may be recommended for nomination by the university’s development office. Members generally have at least twenty years of professional experience prior to nomination.
Members are committed to supporting the objectives of Missouri S&T, the department of engineering management, and its faculty and students. Specific expectations of members include:
- Availability to the chair of engineering management, faculty, staff, students, and academy members at annual meetings and other select occasions
- Willingness and availability to provide external insight and advice on current research and educational issues as they relate to the private and public sectors
- Fellowship with, and encouragement and support of, other academy members
- Assisting the department in meeting accreditation requirements
- Providing scholarships to students and assisting the department in securing and providing financial support
- Sponsoring department programs such as mentoring for students, serving as guest speakers, and other functions as the department may request
- Providing support networks for engineering management graduates
To learn more about S&T's Academy of Engineering Management, please visit http://mstaem.org/.