As a student in the program, you will conduct original research under the supervision of an advisor and committee, write, and successfully defend a dissertation.
(After B.S. Degree in Engineering or Physical Science)
Core Curriculum (24 Credit Hours)
* Eng Mgt 6101 - Advanced Research Methodologies
* Eng Mgt 6412 - Mathematical Programming
* Eng Mgt 6413 - Advanced Engineering Management Science
* Eng Mgt 6415 - Optimization Under Uncertainty
Eng Mgt 5111 - Management for Scientists and Engineers
Eng Mgt 5320 - Project Management
Eng Mgt 5412 - Operations Management Science
Eng Mgt 6211 - Advanced Financial Management
Engineering Management Electives (6 Credit Hours)
Specialization Electives (24 Credit Hours)
Research (30 Credit Hours)
Program TOTAL (84 Credit Hours)
* A condition of the oral Ph.D. qualifying exam is that students must have a GPA of 3.5 for these courses.
To complete the Ph.D. in engineering management program, you must normally spend at least two sequential semesters in full-time residence at the university.
As an off-campus, working professional, you can meet the two-year residency requirement by doing the following:
Please refer to the graduate catalog for the program process and time limit, etc.