- Department Overview
- 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Academic Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff
Doctor of Philosophy
Ph.D. Forms and Deadlines (click here)
You must have completed the equivalent of at least three years of full-time work beyond a bachelor’s degree to be considered for this program. As a student in the program, you will conduct original research under the supervision of an advisor, and write and successfully defend a dissertation.
To complete the Ph.D. in engineering management program, you must normally spend at least two sequential semesters in full-time residence at the university.
As an off-campus, working professional, you can meet the two-year residency requirement by doing the following:
- Take the qualifying exam within the first five semesters of enrollment;
- Conduct at minimum two video conferences per month with your research advisor;
- Include one person from your professional work location on your Ph.D. committee. The appointment committee member must have a Ph.D. and be familiar with the chosen research;
- Meet with your Ph.D. committee on a regular basis with at least two meetings per semester;
- Be on campus a minimum of 16 days per year. Visits may be spread over four campus visits;
- Take the Ph.D. comprehensive exam on campus; and
- Do the dissertation defense on campus.