- Department Overview
- 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Academic Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff
GAANN Fellowship Program
Graduate assistance in areas of national need (GAANN)
Become a GAANN fellow and conduct cutting-edge research
An interdisciplinary fellowship program in Engineering Management and Systems Engineering for rebuilding infrastructure
We are inviting students to apply for the Ph.D. program in engineering management, systems engineering, or civil engineering and become GAANN fellows to conduct cutting-edge research on various aspects of infrastructure studies, including resilience, safety, sustainability, connectivity, and smartness.
required application documents
Interested students are encouraged to send the following to GAANN program director Dr. Ruwen Qin at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Unofficial transcript (undergraduate, and if applicable, graduate)
- One page statement on your future career plans and reasons for pursuing a Ph.D. degree and applying for the GAANN fellowship
Dr. Ruwen Qin
GAANN Program Director
218 Eng Mgt Bldg, Rolla, MO 65409
READY TO APPLY?
Apply to the doctoral program for Engineering Management and Systems Engineering at futurestudents.mst.edu, and send the required documents and information to your department program director listed above.
Underrepresented students are especially encouraged to apply.
- Fellowship Stipend: Up to $34,000 annually, depending on financial need (decided by FAFSA)
- Educational Allowance: Up to $15,750 annually that covers tuition, research-related expenses, and travel
- Academic and Research Support: GAANN faculty and the academic advisor provide academic support and research mentoring to the selected GAANN fellow
- Mentored Teaching Experiences: Participate in various teaching workshops, involving all aspects of teaching with a teaching mentor during a semester, and teach one undergraduate course as an instructor for two semesters
The program is open to students who meet the following criteria:
- Have demonstrated financial need determined by the FAFSA
- Are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Are accepted into the regular or direct (i.e. straight from B.S.) Ph.D. program in engineering management, systems engineering, or civil engineering
- Have an excellent academic record
- Are planning a career in teaching and/or research